Friday, April 16, 2010

Weekend Birthday Getaway

In honour of Avalon's birthday (yes, any excuse to get away!).  The girls & I went away for the weekend to good ol' Niagara Falls. Yes, we love going there! It's only about a 40 minute drive away. It was incredibly busy with "wall to wall children" - I even asked at the front desk if there was a "children's convention" in town.  Nope, just the long weekend with families coming out in droves to Niagara Falls.
                                              Cosmic Cars

                                              Clifton Hill

We stayed in a hotel near the action of Clifton Hill and The Falls, ate lots of chocolate covered strawberries, spent lots of money playing in the Canadiana Midway, eating in the great restaurants, people watched, rode the rides, and went in all the Museums and Haunted Houses on Clifton Hill.  We walked until our feet almost fell off and then topped it off with renting a horror film in our hotel room! The next day we put our battered feet to the test again, crossed the border (which is right there!) and went on a shopping spree in the U.S. I scored a great necklace that I had eyed in Target a few months back and didn't buy at the time.  It's 14 kt gold with natural pearls.  When I saw it last, it was on sale for only $50.00 - this time it was on sale for $12.00 - bargoon!!!

                                             Wearing my Bargoon!

                                           My new boyfriend has eyes only for me!
                                           Like she doesn't need more sugar!




I think it was a memorable birthday for Avalon - especially since she managed to talk me into going into the "old school"  haunted houses and boy - they were actually pretty scary!! She loves to be scared to the max.  The entire time we were in the "Haunted House" she was buried behind my butt holding onto my jeans waist.  At one point in a dark hallway (& I do mean dark), something above us rattled and she dove on the floor for protection!! She came out of there loving it though and wanting to go through again!!
                                                                               Going into the Canadiana Midway.

No comments:

Post a Comment