Monday, June 15, 2009

Luminato Festival

Luminato is a yearly Festival of Arts and Creativity which is held at The Harbourfront in Toronto. It was from June 5-14 this year. In retrospect, I wish we had spent the entire weekend there, as there was much to see.

We basked on the beach on Saturday, although it was a little overcast at first. I was a naughty Aunty as I didn't put any suntan lotion on my neice and nephew (who have our British/Irish skin) and unfortunately their backs came up with a bright red suntan in the evening. My kids are lucky because they seem to have that Spanish gene and instead come up with tans. I digress...

Needless to say it was a photographers' heaven. It is very difficult to choose from the gazillion pics, here are some highlights:

A boat shuttle transported audiences to "The Music Garden" where Cirque de Soleil (Internationally renowned acrobatic troupe from Montreal) performed every 30 mins.





I love this costume!


Street Perfomers everywhere! Almost like a Buskerfest!



I love President's Choice products! At the PC booth, it was non-stop samples of everything you could imagine.

These are real china plates.


I stood in this line up for 30 minutes. Originally it was to purchase one churro. After waiting for so long, I bought five! Avalon stayed in the line for a bit too and didn't stop dancing the whole time! We had the reggae drummers performing right next to us while we waited.

So much food everywhere! Very hard to diet! Next weekend not looking good either - The Burlington Sound of Music Festival! Oi!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of the girl holding the music sheet!

    ReplyDelete