Monday, May 11, 2009

One Month Ago Today...


Last pics taken of us with Daddy - oh the drama! Look how small my eyes are (from all the crying!)


I was just speaking with Douglas and reminded him that today was his One Month Anniversary of arriving in El Salvador. He had forgotton. I think he was a little surprised! Time flies so quickly in some instances. The loneliness he experiences has certainly been a challenge and he is so anxious for us to get down there and be together once more. A simple thing like going out for dinner with his family, or hitting the beach is what he craves right now. I almost feel guilty when I call him from the beach on the weekend to say the girls are having a fun time in the freezing cold lake!
The girls wore their Daddy's clothing for days on end when he first left - they still wear his jackets and shirts to bed. Even the shirts they were wearing at the beach are Daddys'. When I first told Douglas this in the early days apart, he would burst into tears. The girls would just laugh at me when I got off the phone with him and make fun of me crying! Rotten kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment