Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hobby Gone Wild!

I have neglected this little blog! I got so busy with my law studies & a little seasonal part time job in a Photography company while at school, that I lost all track of time.

I  have always enjoyed antiquing, sourcing for vintage and retro furniture and then refinishing them to a "shabbyfufu" look.  Douglas enjoys it too! Our new little venture is taken from my email address that I have had since the beginning of emails Shabbyfufu Studio. We had to add the "Studio" to the end as we discovered that there was a business in the USA that had the name already of "Shabbyfufu" - great minds think alike!

This is not work for us - we absolutely love to hunt for the beautiful raw pieces we find hiding amongst the other antiques and then fixing them, redeeming them and painting them with our creations.  We use primarily Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - love that paint and wax!! We have also used a Canadian brand - van Gogh Chalk Fossil Paint - also a really lovely paint and also used Ce Ce Caldwell Chalk/Clay paint.  I personally love the wax of Annie Sloan the best and find Annie Sloan paint and van Gogh to be pretty comparable.  I just ordered a wax from a shop on Etsy from the States, so we shall see what that wax is like.

So we started this little "hobby gone wild" venture in August 2013 and have met so many wonderful people since doing so - we have built up a great network of fellow Furniture Refinishers, paint stockists & other creative people who really "get" us.

I've posted some pics below of the work we have done (which was a little redundant because they are also found on the "shabbyfufustudio" blog!

If you are interested, this is the blog blog that features Shabbyfufu Studio - www.shabbyfufustudio.blogspot.com

Here are some of the projects that have kept us busy for the past five months:






































No comments:

Post a Comment