Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wading Through the Red Tape

I've been in El Salvador for over a month now to assist my husband in leaving this country. I didn't expect it to take this long - but fortunately no bribes were needed and our resolution was favourable - we just needed to have patience on court dates being changed at the last minute (like when we have already got up early & are at the courthouse & then are told of change).

We have submitted our petition to have the restriction on his passport removed & are hoping there will be an answer by this Friday so that we can book our flights to return home to Canada next week. We are looking forward to getting back to our Canadian life - although Douglas thinks we should stay here another few months as I hardly eat anything here & then would have a slim figure! Ha ha I think I've had amoeba dysentary since I landed.

We have enjoyed many daytrips all over the country & this has been wonderful since the only thing I like in the city is the historical core.

We attempted to go to Guatemala on Sunday but the lawyer flubbed & the restriction was still on the passport so we had the embarrassment of sitting at the Frontera for an executive bus to take us back to San Salvador. We had paid $73.00 for the tickets & were told they would not reschedule or refund. Douglas kindly asked the Supervisor for an exception - & lucky enough they decided to offer one comp ticket if we purchased another - so we did so and are looking forward to an adventure in Antigua for a few days this Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment