Saturday, January 15, 2011

Maybe I should start drinking?

Canada Post finally delivered my "GUARANTEED 7 day delivery with receiving signature" envelope to Douglas in El Salvador - it took them 47 days to deliver it!!!

When Douglas went to the Canadian Consulate last week for the umpteenth time ( I guess 5th time at that point), he was told that they would NOT accept the money order that says "Receiver General of Canada" as it was supposed to say "Receiver General FOR Canada".  They are both prepositions people!! What's the problem?

Douglas didn't ask for a supervisor - I would have insisted if I were there. Perhaps it's a man thing? (To not ask for a supervisor). I had to phone the Consular from Canada - turns out he was a nice guy who just landed there from Ottawa - who had a brain and couldn't understand why the front desk clerk would not accept the money order. So, again the next day Douglas had to drive back to the city and FINALLY, the sixth visit was the charm! Now we just sit back and hope that his application will be approved. 

The security clearances are in Calgary and taking longer than anticipated.  They were due to be completed and in my hands two weeks ago.  However, when I phoned last week I was told they are still processing the paperwork. 

So we sit and wait for the bureaucratic civil servants to dust off their files and do some work. My sister is in a similar situation with civil servants.  She submitted her applications and all necessary paperwork nine months ago - she was warned last week that because of their incompetency in taking so long, they probably would be rejecting the application and asking her to submit all updated paperwork again.  We have a serious incompetency problem in this country with our public sector employees/services. 

No comments:

Post a Comment