Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rumblings

 

Well, this will be pretty boring to all you Latin Americans - but here in Ontario today we had a rare occurrence - we had an earthquake and it was the "talk of the town".  It measured 5.0.  It's epicenter was in Quebec and felt all the way to Ohio. I was in my office in a very large concrete/steel University building, sitting in front of my computer when everything started swaying including me in my chair, my computer, the plants and pictures on the wall. It was a bit surreal and I thought for a second that perhaps I was not "right" and my equilibrium was "off".  That is, until someone shouted out "Does anyone else feel that? Is this an earthquake?". So, it was the excitement of the day. There were some buildings evacuated as well, but no damage or injuries reported anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment