Saturday, July 4, 2009

CANADA DAY, EH!


July 1st was Canada Day - where we came together in festivals, fireworks and general merriment to "woop it up" and celebrate our beautiful country and being a Canadian! As a country we have a reputation of being very humble of our Nation and are normally not so boisterous in our National pride, but on this one day annually, we do seem to come together and show our patriotism.

"It is so easy to complain about the weather or the taxes in Canada, but move away and you'll find yourself complaining about the airfare to get back." Anonymous

I've had the good fortune of doing quite a bit of travelling and through those experiences have developed a strong sense of patriotism to Canada. When I travelled overseas, I was always proud to display my Canadian flag on my jacket.

N.B. - I would be amiss to not state that while reflecting on our country's celebration of our peace and prosperity (and in connecting with people through the "net" and "blogosphere"), I have (like the rest of the world) been watching closely the developments in Honduras. I hope that they can achieve peace and prosperity in the very near future.

Strawberry picking time @ Springridge Farm, one of our favourite haunts! It was quite muddy though; with all the rain we have been getting.



It started to rain like a monsoon again! Very hard to plan a camping weekend with all this bloody rain we keep experiencing! Normally so hot, our summer has fluctuated between tepid with lots of rain & funnel cloud warnings and then "heat alerts" issued with "cooling stations" being opened (in Toronto).
I guess this would be my "boob shot".

No comments:

Post a Comment